Overview – Introduction to Project Management
Are you taking on more project work and have noticed the need for more structure? Perhaps you’ve landed yourself a new job that requires some knowledge of project management. Maybe you run your own business and need to know how to plan, prioritise and organise your work on a timeline. If any of these sound like you then this course is perfectly suited to your needs.
Aspiring Project Managers
This course is perfect if you’re a complete beginner, or have gained the PRINCE2 qualification or CHAMPS2 qualification and looking to change your career into project management. Your CV will look much more appealing to prospective employers. You might like to practice what you have learnt at your current workplace or on a personal project. Furthermore, you will find that this course provides you with a taster of what it’s like to be a project manager.
Why this course?
Managing your first project can be a bit daunting, but this 1-day introductory course has been designed by experienced project managers especially for people who are new to project management. This 1-day course is an effective preliminary introduction to project management.
During the course you will gain an understanding of the key concepts, tools and techniques which experienced project managers use to keep control over their projects. Within just one day you will feel more confident in being able to manage your own projects and even organise your day-to-day task more effectively.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to confidently:
- Have a clear identification of projects from other types of work
- Identify the factors that lead to project success
- Explain the core principles of project management
- Review the lifecycle of a project from start to finish
- Identify key project management activities throughout the project lifecycle
- Practice key project management activities with the assistance of the trainer
- This course will include overviews for; defining a project, understanding benefits, communicating with stakeholders, project success, risk and change management.