Help save wasted hours & make your mark in the office! A core role in any office admin, secretarial or PA job is supporting your team, aiding productivity and efficiency in an otherwise manic world!
Thousands of hours are wasted in the British workforce through ‘having meetings’ – but when used properly, productively and proficiently they can be very valuable forms of communication.
If you work as a Secretary, Administrator, PA, EA or Office Manager for instance, your role may involve taking notes or minutes at meetings. This course will help save wasted hours & make your mark in the office!
Aims and Objectives
This course aims to understand the different types of meetings, how they run and how best to organise your role as minute taker.
Lesson One: what minutes are, the cycle of a meeting, different types of meeting, the purposes and benefits of meetings, the roles of chair, attendee and minute taker, the tasks that a minute taker might undertake before the meeting, notice of the meeting, arranging the venue and refreshments, preparing the agenda, dealing with documents that may be needed for a meeting, distributing the agenda, last minute preparations.
Lesson Two: definition of the role of the minute taker, preparation for the start of the meeting, the four steps of listening, skills to speed up your note taking, what to note down in a meeting, the importance of the liaison between minute taker and chair, confidence, assertiveness.
Lesson Three: grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, how to use reported speech, word processing skills, proofreading, typing up the minutes, distributing the minutes.
- Harness the power of productive meetings
- Understand the need for different types of meeting
- Clarify the roles of chair, attendee and minute taker
- Understand the logistics required for arranging meetings
- Plan and prepare to ensure every meeting has a clear focus
- Organise others to increase meeting efficiency
- Clearly document key points
- Understand how to feedback actions
- Determine the output of each meeting in no uncertain terms.
Course duration: 6-8 hours