SpeedWriting with Pitman Training
From the expert in secretarial and shorthand training, Pitman Training’s SpeedWriting course is a new way to learn the BakerWriteTM SpeedWriting system in just six hours. It will help you accurately record the spoken word, to speeds of up to 40 wpm
To get the most from this course, you’ll need some word processing experience. You’ll also find studying SpeedWriting easy to organise around your work and home commitments as it is provided on a self-study basis, so you learn at your own pace.
SpeedWriting with Pitman Training comprises three lessons; you will learn about silent letters and vowels, phonetics and prefixes through a combination of exercises and dictation practice until you are reaching speeds of up to 40 wpm.
Those wishing to increase their efficiency in writing note.
Aims and Objectives
To learn the basic principles and theory of SpeedWriting and gain a minimum speed of 40 wpm.
Lesson One: Silent letters and vowels, phonetics and prefixes, exercises and dictation practice.
Lesson Two: More prefixes, use of subscript and superscript, exercises and dictation practice.
Lesson Three: Suffixes, exercises and dictation practice, dictation passages.
- An easier way to take and transcribe meeting notes and minutes.
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace.
- New-found productivity at work, which could open new doors for promotion.
- A workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course.
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training certificate.