The GDPR course is an introduction to the new legislation. This course identifies the main aspects which differentiate the new GDPR from the Data Protection Act 1988.
In December 2015 the long process of agreeing a new set of legislation designed to reform the legal framework for ensuring the rights of EU residents to a private life was completed. This was ratified in early 2016 and becomes widely enforceable on the 25th May 2018. This course is an Introduction to this important new General Data Protection Regulation and covers the main changes that differentiate the new GDPR from the DPA and includes guidance to help you prepare for the change.
The half-day course is fully customised for all staff and covers the following areas:
- What is GDPR?
- Why does the EU want this law?
- What is personal data?
- Controllers and processors
- The Three Pillars
- Privacy Management
- Information provided at data collection
- Legitimate interests and direct marketing
- Breach & Notification
- Data Subject Access Requests
- Retention and the right to be forgotten
- Helpful tips to get started