CHAMPS2® is a registered trade mark of Birmingham City Council, used under permission of APMG Limited. All rights reserved.
CHAMPS2® is a vision led, benefits driven business transformation method which is broad in scope and encompasses the whole business change journey. It helps you define your organisation's strategic needs, and then provides a tailored route to ensure that the desired outcomes are achieved.
What can CHAMPS2 do for you?
- Reduce risk and cost by providing clear guidance, tools and techniques
- Provide a common language for programme teams and stakeholder across all change initiatives
- Deliver tailored methods to fit all sizes of projects or programmes
- Give leadership control through comprehensive gateway processes
- Build internal change management capability within your organisation.
The CHAMPS2 Approach
CHAMPS2 is broad in scope encompassing the whole business change journey, from identifying the business need, to achieving the desired outcomes. It is rich in detail including
“how-to” guides, document templates and best practice examples online.
The method not only provides a structured approach to change management, it is also flexible and can be adapted for use in a range of change initiatives of any scale, across both public and private sector organisations.
The CHAMPS2 Process
The phased approach of CHAMPS2 provides a logical starting point for your change journey
– defining your organisation’s strategic needs, then provides a journey that you can tailor to fit your organisation to ensure that your strategic outcomes meet your strategic needs.
How CHAMPS2 works
CHAMPS2 divides transformational change into eight phases, which are illustrated below. These phases guide us from the beginning (the strategic need) to the end (the strategic Outcome).
The eight phases are broken down into stages, each one of which will achieve a specific objective; for example, determining strategic needs.
Within the stages are a varying number of activities that can be followed to complete the stage.